Think having a personal attendant makes you a Bridezilla? Think again! There are a million reasons why you should have a personal attendant at your wedding! Let’s rename the position to define it more accurately and make your feel less needy: supporter, helper, assistant, right-hand person, friend, associate, accomplice… you get the idea. Having this lovely assistant makes you more prepared and stress free! And let’s be real, what bride doesn’t want that?
Photos by Tandem Tree Photography
12 Reasons to Have a Personal Attendant:A personal attendant is a dear friend or family member who is trustworthy, honest, and pays close attention to detail. This job is the perfect way to include another bestie or two if you’ve reached your cap on bridesmaids. Look at it this way, she’s just as important as a bridesmaid. The only difference? She gets to pick her own dress! A lot of ladies aren’t sure if they want to or should include the position on their big day, but we’re here to give you a few reasons why you totally should!
1. It’s fun.You’ll have someone you love by your side all day. Sure you have your family and your ‘maids around you at all hours, but they’ll be running around taking care of other duties too. The duties of your personal attendant include therapist, beautician, and party planner—all in one. This responsibility clearly belongs to someone you’re close with; how great will it be to have another loved involved in a special way on your special day? Our tip: They’re by your side the entire day. Sure they’ll make it into candid shots, but don’t forget to include them in some of the posed pictures too. It’ll be a fun keepsake for both of you to have.
2. You won’t have to worry about logistics.She’ll make sure you have nothing to stress about. She’s there to take care of last-minute errands that need running. She’ll figure out a secure place to put your gifts. She’s got the transportation of dresses covered. Any other concerns you have? Forget them. Your personal helper is cued up to take care of them all. Our tip: If you’re concerned about a thousand little things, make a checklist for your assistant. That way you don’t have to worry about a thing yourself, or about her skipping a beat.
3. She’ll keep you from ruining your first look moment.Forget about the details, your personal attendant has your back covered. She’ll be the one coordinating your moves with your fiancé’s to be sure you don’t ruin that special moment. She’ll be your number one communicator on your big day, whether it’s a quick message to your man or figuring out details with your venue.
4. You can forget about emergencies.She has all of your emergency needs on hand, including: hairspray, lipstick, bobby pins, Kleenex, snacks, Advil—should I go on? If you’re looking for a comprehensive emergency kit list, Pinterest has you covered with fabulous ideas. Our tip: Little champagne shooters! So… maybe it’s not as essential as the other emergency kit supplies, but who doesn’t love starting a celebration with best friends and a heart-warming toast?
5. She’s the perfect buffer in awkward situations.Got a monster-in-law? (Don’t answer that out loud.) Your wedding accomplice can be the perfect buffer for those situations you just don’t want to deal with. Like I said earlier, she’s going to be there to keep you stress-free. If that means acting as a security guard temporarily, she’ll make sure to have her eye on the door.
6. She’ll tell you how it is.She’ll be honest if you’ve got food in your teeth. Crucial.
7. She’ll keep your emotions in check.If you’re like me, weddings can bring out all sorts of emotions. No fear! Your supporter will be there to dab those tears. Like I mentioned in step four, this lovely lady is going to have your emergency kit on hand, so when your emotions take over, not only will she be there to dry your happy tears, she’ll be there to hold your hand.
8. You’ll look and feel beautiful all day.Speaking of taking care of the tears, this gal will be there for all makeup touches. Need a little more color on your lips or a touch of blush? She’s got you covered. You’ll hardly need to look in the mirror because your beautiful beautician will be sure to have you looking your best at all times.
9. It’s cost-efficient.Don’t have the budget for an event coordinator? Your attendant will be there to manage the day’s details. Your MOH is there to lead the ‘maids and the best man to lead the guys, but your attendant will make sure everyone is on the same page. She’ll be the contact between you and the staff onsite. She’ll make sure the catering schedule is on time, the DJ is on point, and that everything else goes off without a blink.
10. You won’t have to hold your dress alone in the bathroom.Have no fear when it comes to your dress. Be sure you’re comfortable with your right-hand person, because they’re going to be your go-to for help—whether that be in the bathroom, the limo, in pictures, or even before you take those first steps down the aisle. She’s going to make sure your dress is fluffed fully, lies perfectly, and is bustled correctly. Our tip: Have her come to the final dress fitting to get the complete rundown on the gown. Make sure she practices bustling, too!
11. You can be at ease about setup and take down.She’ll be there for the whole production. She’ll be your eyes to make sure everything looks great before the guests arrive, and she’ll save your sanity by taking care of everything when the night is over. Our tip: Make sure your pal is familiar with your theme. That will make her job easier when it comes to setup, because she’ll know just what look you’re going for.
12. It will keep you sane (and smiling).Finally, this gal will be there to give you a giant hug and maybe even a little nudge down the aisle. She’s going to calm all of your nerves, be honest, and keep your head on your shoulders and your eyes on the prize: marrying the man you love! This reason alone should be enough to convince you that this position is a must-have wedding role! There are so many awesome reasons to have a personal attendant on your big day. At first I wasn’t sure about the role, but think about it. How calming to have someone managing the details for you? How reassuring that you’ve got someone making sure you look your absolute best at all times? And most importantly, how FUN to have someone you love with you through all the joy that the day has to bring? Did you enjoy this blog? You may also like...
- 21 Reasons Your MOH is Actually Your Soulmate
- 35 Hidden Wedding Costs
- Bridesmaid Proposal Ideas: Who to Ask & How