Mother of the bride pant suits might be a better choice than mother of the bride dresses. Here's why:
1. Pants are Warm: You won't freeze at a winter outdoor wedding if you're wearing pants. If you choose a dress, you risk spending the wedding as a mom-sicle. You will also be more comfortable at chilly spring and fall outdoor weddings.
2. Pants Stand Out: You will be easily distinguishable from the bridesmaids. Since you are such a young, beautiful mother, it's important that you stand out from the other members of the wedding party, or you might be mistaken for someone else.
3. Pants Save Time: You will save time shopping for an outfit, because you won't have to debate about whether the skirt is too long or too short; with pants, hemline length is a non-issue. Just make sure they're the proper length (no flood pants necessary!).
4. Pants are Appropriate: In pants, there's no risk of pulling a 'Marilyn Monroe' if there is a large gust of wind! You'll also avoid revealing more than intended while dancing, or other physical activities.
5. Pants are Reusable: There is greater flexibility to re-wear a mother of the bride pant suit than a mother of the bride dress. You will have an outfit appropriate for formal events that you can also wear to the office or out to brunch with the girls.
6. Pants are Convenient: Let's be honest: it's easier to go to the bathroom in pants than a long formal dress. (Which with that open bar you've graciously paid for, you'll need to do quite a bit of). It's also easier to get into a car, climb stairs, find a seat (even if it's on the ground), and bend over!
7. Pants are Flattering: Pant suits look great no matter what body type you have, and they hide your legs. This is useful if you don't want to show off your Betty Boop ankle tattoo, varicose veins, or that you forgot to shave--for the past three years. (It happens to the best of us!)
8. Pants have Pockets: Need I say more?
9. Pants are Humble: You could choose white fabric and elaborate accessories and you're still not going to upstage the bride. There's practically no risk of making your daughter or daughter-in-law jealous that you're stealing the show from her in a pant suit. We know you can't help being so good-looking, but it's important that she feels like it's her day.
10. Pants are Practical: Finally, you're prepared to handle emergencies. You can change a tire, crawl under a table to retrieve a lost item, and run after rowdy children (or a runaway bride!).
Are you planning on wearing a pant suit? Do you think mother of the bride dresses are still a better option? Share your opinion below!Subscribe to our newsletter for updates on new products, collections, and special promotions! Related Posts:
- Mother of the Bride Pant Suits at Wedding Shoppe, Inc.
- Look Elegant in a Mother of the Bride Pant Suit
- Let's Chat About Wedding Attire for Mothers