Complete your wedding look with the perfect accessories! Shop gorgeous veils, belts, jewelry, hairpieces, and more. Don't forget about bras and undergarments!
Belts & Sashes
15 Must-Have Wedding Accessories
When envisioning your wedding ensemble, most brides immediately think of their beautiful dress. While this is the focal point of your outfit, the bridal gown is just the tip of the bridal attire iceberg! From shoes, jewelry, headpieces, and more, the Wedding Shoppe offers a great variety of accessories for you and your bridesmaids.
We’ve outlined the top 15 accessories that every bride and bridesmaid need to complete their outfit. Some items are specifically for the bride, while other pieces are intended for your attendants. Shop our site for all of these essential accompanying items to complete your bridal ensemble!
Top Bridal Accessories for Your Big Day:
1. Belts & Sashes: Adding a bit of bling around your waistline not only adds some glitz and glam to your look, but it also slims your figure by accentuating your natural hourglass figure. Be sure to check out our variety of belts and sashes made from crystal, rhinestone, lace, and satin. This is a great way to really make your already stunning dress stand out as you make your grand entrance and walk down the aisle.
2. Fashion Tape: This essential tool won’t be seen by anyone, but it will help you avoid any fashion faux-pas moments on your big day. Adding this extra bit of protection will allow you to enjoy your celebration without having to worry about your dress slipping or falling out of place. Utilizing this handy celebrity secret will keep you focused on having fun, instead of fretting about a dreaded wardrobe malfunction!
3. Flower Girl Accessories: Our selection of flower girl jewelry, sashes, and hairpieces are perfect gifts for your little lady. These will help her feel extra special on your big day, and will really complete her already adorable ensemble!
4. Garters: The cheekiest and most risqué of all wedding traditions has to be the garter toss. Be sure to check out our selection of stylish garters available in a variety of colors. If you haven’t incorporated your “something blue” into your outfit yet, a blue garter is a great, subtle accompaniment to add to your look!
5. Hair Accessories: Our selection of breathtakingly elegant hair accessories are a wonderful way to bring attention to your professionally styled up-do, and can be worn alone or with a veil. We offer headpieces utilizing rhinestones, flowers, feathers, crystals, and lace. No matter what style you are aiming for on your big day, we have beautiful designs to suit every bride’s taste.
6. Handbags: You definitely don’t want to be lugging along a big tote on your big day, so finding a small yet functional handbag is crucial to completing your whole style. Select a petite clutch to stow away your essentials: lip gloss, cell phone, a couple tablets of ibuprofen, and safety pins in case of a fashion emergency. You could even assign your clutch to a trusted bridesmaid so you have free hands throughout the event.
7. Jackets: If you are hosting a winter celebration or outdoor evening event, you may want to plan for brisk temperatures. These beautiful coverings are designed to complement your gown and many are constructed of lightweight lace for breathability. For cool weather, consider a bolero made from satin or taffeta.
8. Jewelry: Jewelry is a fantastic way to subtly add glamor to your bridal look. Adding a few pieces of elegant jewelry will really complete your entire ensemble. We offer affordable, yet sophisticated necklaces, earrings, and bracelets to make you look and feel beautiful on your big day.
9. Lingerie: After the celebration with friends and family comes the wedding night; make sure you’re prepared for time alone with your sweetheart by selecting some feminine and flattering bridal lingerie. Choose from a romantic slip or sexy teddy—no matter what look you are trying to achieve, our selection of bridal intimates will leave any groom in awe of his beautiful bride.
10. Shoe Accessories: While special occasion shoes are beautiful, they can also be rather impractical and uncomfortable! If you are hosting an outdoor affair and will be walking through grass, rocks, or over grates, you’ll definitely want to look into heel protectors to help save the integrity of your gorgeous bridal shoes! Be sure to pick up some cushioned insole for your heels and balls of feet too, so that you can dance throughout the night in comfort.
11. Shoes: Our shoe shop offers a great variety of options to complement any dress or occasion. With everything from wedges, stilettos, flats, flip flops, and peep toe options, you won’t have trouble finding a comfortable and stylish pair of shoes to wear throughout the day. Some of these pairs are even dyeable, offering you a great amount of flexibility in your final look.
12. Straps & Sleeves: Have you found the perfect sweetheart neckline strapless gown, but are hoping to give it a bit of edge or add some support? Consider adding detachable sleeves or straps to your outfit! This is a great way to instantly change the entire mood of your dress and provides you with a great amount of versatility. With straps and sleeves available with beautiful embellishments and in a variety of necklines and sleeve lengths, you’ll be able to customize your bridal style without breaking the bank!
13. Undergarments: Adding the appropriate undergarment under your gown will not only add support, but it can also smooth out the silhouette of your dress or add volume to the skirt. Shop our selection of bridal bras, bustiers, slips, and shapewear to help you feel supported and confident on this important day!
14. Veils: If you are seeking an accessory that will instantly make you feel like a bride, look no further than the classic veil! Your ceremony is likely the only time in your life where you’ll have the opportunity to don this romantic and dramatic style, so don’t be afraid of embracing your inner bride! Veils can be worn with any hairstyle, and are designed in a variety of lengths. If you are shopping for a sweeping statement piece, definitely look into a cathedral-length veil. For a fun, flirty, and retro feel, a birdcage veil would be the perfect complement to your outfit. Don’t be afraid to mix your hair piece with a veil—the two are fabulous when worn together, or some brides opt to wear a veil for their ceremony and change into a fun headpiece for their reception.
15. Wedding Gown Cleaning: You’ve spent a small fortune on your dress and chances are, you will acquire a few stains here and there throughout the night. Let’s face it, you are wearing a huge white gown and are surrounded by red wine, grass, food, and hundreds of people hugging and congratulating you throughout the night. It’s almost impossible to make it throughout your celebration without a makeup, food, or wine stain. A convenient and affordable solution to help preserve your gorgeous dress is to order a wedding gown preservation kit through our website.
After your celebration, you can send your gown in a pre-paid envelope to have it thoroughly cleaned, and it will be sent back in a box to help preserve your dress for up to 100 years. This handy service allows you to enjoy your night without fear of ruining your investment, as this team of professional cleaners can tackle just about any stain you can throw at your gown.
If you need help deciding on what accessories would be best for your ensemble, don’t hesitate to ask one of our consultants for styling advice—we are happy to help you create a perfectly polished look!