Transform your cake into tasty treats! | Photograph by Staja Studios
Wedding cake ideas that will transform crumbs into cake pops.You may have destroyed one piece of cake when you smashed it into your sweetheart’s face, but there will still be plenty of slices left! One of our favorite wedding cake ideas is to create cake pops from the leftovers. Did you know cake pops were originally created to use up leftover cake? To make cake pops:
- Simply crumble up the cake (include the frosting for a sweeter treat!) and create 1” balls.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and put them in the fridge to cool.
- When they’ve hardened a bit, place short sticks in them, then put them in the freezer until you’re ready for the frosting.
- For the frosting, use candy melts which you can purchase at any grocery store.
- Melt them down, dip your cake balls until covered, put them back into the fridge, and enjoy when hardened. Yum!
Ask your wedding caterer for leftover baskets you can enjoy later.Although the bride and groom get to eat the wedding food first, once dinner is over, it’s a long night of mingling, dancing, and celebrating. At the end of the day, you’ll probably be craving a late night snack. Ask your wedding caterer to pack a leftover basket for you! Your wedding night will be even more romantic with an intimate picnic in bed. You could also ask for a few leftover baskets to send with your parents if they’re hosting family for the evening.
Photos by Erin Johnson Photography (Left) & Coppersmith Photography (Right)