The history of Pronovias Bridal can be traced all the way back to 1922, with the opening of “El Suizo” in Barcelona, an establishment specializing in silk, lace, and embroidery for brides. The Pronovias family has continued these same traditions throughout the years, making it their priority to satisfy brides and bring their dreams to life.
Pronovias sparked true innovation in 1964, when they became the very first to design and produce a collection of designer wedding dresses under the “prêt-á-porter” or “ready-to-wear” concept, forever changing the bridal industry.
Just 4 years later, Pronovias opened their first bridal store in Spain, created as a place where brides could find their perfect wedding dress and all of the accessories to go along with it, in a single location – much like Wedding Shoppe Inc, “Your One Stop Wedding Shoppe!”
Pronovias Bridal set another benchmark in the 1970s, becoming the first to develop its own chain of stores for their gorgeous wedding gowns. Today, Pronovias has grown into its current position as the international leader in the industry, dressing brides in 75 countries, and continuing to change the world of designer wedding dresses as the company grows. Even as the international leader in the world of designer wedding dresses, the same family that founded Pronovias continues to oversee the company’s operations, ensuring the continuing tradition of the philosophy of quality and design that characterizes Pronovias wedding gowns.