Here at the Wedding Shoppe, we know all brides are beautiful! Often, women have questions about how to emphasize their individual beauty for their special day. We’re here to help! Brides and their friends have a wide range of dress options that can sometimes be overwhelming. Today, we’re answering a few questions with tips for finding the most flattering plus size styles.
What style of plus size wedding dresses are the most flattering?When it comes to bridal gown styles, there are several aspects to keep in mind: the silhouette, the neckline, the waistline, the hemline, and the length. Every bride is shaped uniquely, so it’s important to try on many styles when shopping for your gown (keep in mind it will look different on you than a mannequin or hanger!). Here are some tips to consider when shopping plus size wedding dresses:
- Gowns with empire waists will emphasize the smallest part of your body—right below the bust.
- Basque waists are a good option for elongating your midsection.
- Halter or sweetheart necklines work well for women with large busts.
- Consider some sort of sleeve—this will elongate the line of your body.
- Embellishments along the neckline and hemline or train will draw eyes away from your middle.
- Full-length skirts also elongate the body.
- A-line or ball gown silhouettes will comfortably cover large hips.