Searching for wedding cake designs can be daunting, especially if you want something out of the ordinary. Most of what you’ll find out there are the basic tiered styles adorned with flowers, ribbons, or sprinkles. I quickly realized I wanted to do something different. I started searching for unique wedding dessert ideas, and discovered that many brides are going bold! Try something truly out of the box for your big day to surprise and delight your guests.
Wedding cake designs can come from anywhere.The real found is usually found in the groom’s dessert, but who says your main design can’t symbolize something you’re passionate about? Here are a few of my favorite ideas:
- If you and your future hubby are both baseball fans, try a theme based (ha) around the diamond, or the bases themselves.
- Are you both into video games? Choose a design that looks like the levels from Donkey Kong or the Mario Kart Rainbow Road.
- Did you write your own vows? Have them written in frosting around each tier for a personal touch.
- Naked cakes are the new trend! Choose a delectable filling, add fresh fruit or flowers, and dust with powdered sugar.
- Remember that a tiered dessert can be made from anything. Some brides are serving tears of doughnut holes, cake pops, or candy!
- Looking for more? Get inspiration from the best of the best! Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes are some of my favorite shows to watch.