The year is drawing to a close and we have nothing but fond memories of 2014. Handmade decorations and vintage-inspired dresses were a few distinguishing elements, showcasing the rustic theme that defined big day trends. As we move forward, however, the wedding world is taking a step away from DIY décor and moving towards a more sophisticated and romantic style. Checkout our predictions of the top three 2015 wedding trends.
The Top Three 2015 Wedding Trends:
1. Romantic flowers take center stage.Say goodbye to pallet board placeholders and hello to beautiful blossoms! Soft blooms are set to become next year’s breakout star. Remember the romantic luxe of Kimye’s big day? Behold the inspiration for 2015 brides. Be watching for bouquets of hydrangeas and peonies, which will create a soft backdrop for a romantic ceremony. When it comes to understated flowers, remember that you can never have too many! Instead of depending on greenery and colored blooms to make flower arrangements stand out, florists are focusing on incorporating as many buds as possible. Consider embracing this look by creating a wall of flowers to make your ceremony space feel polished and elegant in a traditional way. This trend isn’t cheap, so keep an eye on that budget.
2. Soft color palettes are understated and sophisticated.Pretty pastels and neutrals will paint the wedding scene. The Spring 2015 Pantone Colors were defined as En Plein Air, meaning "in the open air." Look for pale pink, Lucite green, and sky blue to create an ethereal feel at this years’ wedding ceremonies. Try incorporating the hues into your bridesmaids’ gowns or table centerpieces for a playful pop of color. The Pantone Color of the Year is Marasala: “A naturally robust and earthy wine red, Marsala enriches our minds, bodies, and souls.” This unique neutral is a great place to start. Cream and beige would be natural additions, as well.
3. Get ready to bask in the beauty of bronze.Everybody loves a little glitz and glamour. This year, brides are taking a refined approach to metallic with bronze and copper accents. This trend is so easy to include in your big day, and will add a unique element to your details. Consider metallic vases or place settings to create an elegant dinner table, or wear bronze jewelry, such as hair accessories. However you choose to bring these new metallics into your plans, it’s sure to be a smashing success!
Which trends have caught your eye?Let’s review the top 3:
- Romantic luxe flowers inspired by Kimye’s big day (the more buds the better!).
- Soft pastels and neutral tones for your color palette.
- Bronze and copper accents.