You thought you were done, didn’t you? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you have one more present to buy. Not only do you need to promise to love them for better or worse, but you’re getting them a wedding day gift. I know what you’re thinking…Do I have to spend a lot of money? Of course not! You just need to put a little thought and love into the bride and groom gift exchange. To help you pick out the perfect present, I’ve come up with 23 ideas.
The Best Bride & Groom Gift Exchange Gifts
This is a fun gift to buy! You and your partner just committed your lives to each other, and now you get the chance to solidify that commitment with a gift! We promise that it doesn’t have to be expensive! But it must come from the heart. That sounded so cheesy, but it’s true! Here are some of our favorite gift finds for the bride and groom gift exchange!
Groom to Bride:
1. A bit of sparkle. A bracelet, pair of earrings, ring (not her wedding band), a necklace…something special. Jewelry is never a copout, especially when you’ve put some thought into it. If you’d like her to wear it on the big day, get some input from her mom or MOH—she may have already purchased her bridal accessories.
2. A message on the bottom of her shoes. Steal her bridal shoes and use a Sharpie to write something sentimental. It could be a quote, lyrics, a short poem like, “As we walk this journey from beginning to end, I’m glad to have my true love and best friend,” or anything that’ll make her smile. Warning: If your fiancé bought Manolo Blahnik’s, Louboutin’s, or another pair of fabulous designer shoes, permanent marker may not be welcome.
3. Little gifts throughout the day. The littlest things can often make the biggest impact. Have Starbucks delivered to her in the morning, send her flowers, have her bridesmaids randomly supply her with candy, send her sweet texts, provide her with a tequila shot before the ceremony, etc. She’s going to be feeling nervous, stressed, tired, excited, and so many other emotions! You know her better than anyone else, right? Make sure she has what she needs to love every second of the big day.
4. Anything that says “Wifey” or “Mrs.” on it. You’ll find jewelry, T-shirts, coffee mugs, and so much more out there. Shop from trusted artists on Etsy and make sure you order anything custom-made well in advance.
5. Hidden stitches. Sew something thoughtful on the inside of her dress (anywhere it won’t show). Could be a heart, your wedding date, her new initials, or even a love note. Use blue thread and you’ve also given your bride her ‘something blue!’
Bride to Groom:
6. A watch. Get him that fancy timepiece he’s always wanted! Maybe even a personalized pocket watch—dapper, no? Attach a little note to it that says, “See you at 3:00,” or whatever time you’re saying “I do.” You can even add a personal note on the inside of this watch below!
7. A new “little black book.” Want to make him blush? Have a boudoir photo shoot and compile the prints in a black book. I bet he won’t regret throwing the old one away!
8. Cozy socks. Help him out with his “cold feet”—see what I did there? Buy a few funky pairs and give them to the groomsmen! You’ll love the photos.
9. Shiny, new cufflinks. Every man needs one nice pair of cufflinks, and you know he’ll cherish them forever.
10. Cigars Give him an excuse to sit back and relax before the ceremony—he’ll thank you for it. Make his present even cooler with a personalized, wooden humidor >>
11. Hidden stitches. Stitch something sweet on the back of his necktie or the inside of his shirt collar. A heart, “XO,” or a few words to remind him why you love him.
12. Video messages from loved ones. I absolutely love this DIY gift! Come up with the list of people who mean the world to your fiancé and think of a few questions you can ask each of them: -Why do you love (insert fiancé)? -What’s the key to a happy marriage? -What’s the greatest memory you have with (insert fiancé)? Send these questions to everyone on your list and ask them to record their answers. They can just use their phones. Once you’ve received all the videos, use a simple movie editor to create a compilation. Set up a special wedding day viewing—before your fiancé starts getting ready (they’ll probably cry, after all).
13. A DIY scrapbook. Create a scrapbook filled with memories. Notes, photos, movie stubs, plane tickets, and anything else that tells your love story.
14. A new signature scent. Buy them a fresh bottle of perfume or cologne. The smell will always remind them of the day they married you!
15. Hand-written letters. One of the easiest gifts that often turns out to be the best. Save some money and simply let your fiancé know why you love them so much, can’t wait to spend the rest of your life with them, and more.
16. 52 reasons why you want to marry them. Write a reason why you love them on every card in a full deck. Use a hole-punch and key ring to bind them all together.
17. Creative art. It could be their favorite print, something that’ll fit perfectly in your new home, or even a custom-made piece. Etsy, people…you won’t regret it. My Favorite: Are they obsessed with their pet (soon to be yours, too)? Have a portrait done! Check out local artists, like Minneapolis’ Splendid Beast.
18. Sports gear. What about their favorite team jersey with their new last name?
19. Tickets I love gifting experiences. Take them to a concert, sporting event, Broadway show, or maybe a surprise honeymoon?
20. Liquor + engraved glasses. A little liquid courage never hurt anyone! Buy them their favorite booze and a few personalized glasses to go with it. We sell personalized wine and beer glasses, growlers, flasks, and even a whiskey barrel! Shop now >>
21. Choreographed dance. Want to go viral? Gather your groomsmen or bridesmaids and choreograph a dance. Use music the two of you love or those 90’s hits that’ll get the whole room on their feet.
22. “Open when…” letters. Write a collection of letters that your spouse will open at special moments throughout your marriage… -Open when we have our first big fight. -Open when our marriage turns 1. -Open when we buy our first home. -Open when we have our first child. -Open when you miss me. -Open when we move. -Open when we have our second child. -Open when our kids leave the nest. -Open when we retire. And any other momentous days you see in your future…
23. # of days you’ve loved them. It’s small, but sweet. Whether you include this in your letter, art, or whatever wedding day gift you decide to give them, letting them know how many days you’ve loved them will bring a tear to their eye.
Are you ready for the bride and groom gift exchange?
Need some more help? Shop our selection of wedding presents >>